Converting from oil to natural gas is giving Long Island homeowners greater peace of mind and saving them money, and Tragar Home Services makes the conversion process easy and effortless. Stop worrying about when the next oil delivery will be during winter freezes – enjoy the comfort and ease of natural gas.
Natural Oil Vs. Gas
Nassau County and Suffolk County homeowners are converting to natural gas because of its many advantages:
- Convenience. Unlike heating oil, which is dependent on deliveries, natural gas is supplied through underground connections, which means an uninterrupted flow of energy on even the coldest days and worst weather
- Cost. Natural gas prices are less volatile than heating oil and cheaper.
- Clean burning. Natural gas releases less carbon dioxide – one third less compared to coal and half as much as oil heat.
- Close sourcing. Natural gas is produced domestically instead of relying on foreign oil.
- According to the United States Energy Information Administration, natural gas is significantly lower in cost than oil heat. Because natural gas prices are more stable, you won’t get the sticker shock oil users can get when receiving a new delivery.
Choose Tragar For Your Oil to Gas Conversion
Once you’ve decided to switch to natural gas for your Long Island home, you want a smooth transition. That means you want Tragar Home Services, the oil to gas conversion specialists.
For all its benefits, gas conversion needs to be handled correctly. That’s where Tragar can help. After confirming with National Grid that natural gas service is available in your area, determine how far your home is from the gas line. Natural Grid will install 100 feet of line from the street to the meter location for FREE, plus 100 feet of mainline in certain circumstances!
If an additional gas line is needed, Tragar can handle it, along with all other aspects of the gas conversion process. Tragar Home Services will assign you a home energy expert to walk you through the process and explain everything.
Among the things Tragar can handle during your oil to gas conversion:
- Creating the master plan for your conversion
- Nassau or Suffolk County permits that might be required
- Informing you of relevant incentives and rebates from National Grid
- Reviewing with you the gas boiler and water heater options available
- Installing state-of-the-art, high-efficiency heating and hot water equipment
- Oil tank abandonment or removal with all the proper documentation
- Installing a new chimney liner if needed
Tragar’s expertise means their specialists are well versed in the Nassau County and Suffolk County regulations for fuel tank disposal and other related laws. They can guide you through the process. Tragar’s service doesn’t end there. Our installation is warrantied for one year after the conversion.
Tragar Home Service has also been offering 24/7 service to Long Island homeowners for more than 60 years. Reliability. Service. Convenience. Tragar does it all. Contact Tragar Home Services today to get started, or click to Get a Free Estimate Below!
- What Can You Expect After a Tragar Installation
- Warranty – We warranty our installation for 1 year after installation
- 24/7 Service – We have been servicing Long Island for almost 60 years. After your installation, we are here to provide service, service contracts and even discounted gas delivery.