Long Island is emerging from a brutally cold and snowy winter, and spring is finally in the air! As temperatures rise outside, thermostats usually get turned down inside. But don’t let the warmer weather end your relationship with your home heating company.
There are myriad benefits homeowners can reap from allowing their home heating company meet their year-round heating and cooling needs. It’s not just all about oil deliveries anymore.
One Company For Heating and Cooling is More Efficient
For instance, in addition to providing oil, your home heating company can also provide you with ways to save energy and money. This includes oil-to-gas conversion, as well as upgrading to new, energy-efficient heating equipment, which can save you up to 40 percent on your heating bills in the long run. Experts at the Empire State Energy Association (ESEA) agree, “The best way to reduce your home heating costs is to install high-efficiency heating equipment.”
At Tragar Oil, your Long Island green energy company, we not only maintain and service your home heating equipment, but we can also install equipment such as oil-fired and gas-fired boilers and hot water heaters. All of our equipment is state-of-the-art to ensure the highest energy efficiency available to reduce utility costs. In fact, according to the experts at the ESEA, “most of the oil- and gas-fired equipment that’s installed today is rated at 86 percent efficiency or higher, and some new systems achieve 90 to 96 percent efficiency.”
How Upgrading To Ductless Air Conditioning Can Save You Money
Upgrading to a new, energy-efficient, ductless air conditioning system, is another cost-effective strategy since it can currently save you up to $1,000 in rebates from PSEG Long Island.
Once installed, Tragar backs up your ductless air conditioning unit with service repair contracts. No ductwork is needed with ductless mini-splits and separate zones allow you to cool only the occupied areas of your home, further reducing overall cooling costs.
And now’s the time to not only upgrade to a new ductless system, but it’s also a good time to schedule a spring start-up for your existing central air conditioning. According to energystar.gov, a standard maintenance check-up should include:
- Checking thermostat settings to ensure the cooling and heating system keeps you comfortable when you’re home and saves energy while you’re away.
- Tightening all of the electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors since faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system and reduce the life of major components.
- Lubricating all moving parts since parts that lack lubrication cause friction in motors and increases the amount of electricity you use.
- Inspecting the condensate drain in your central air conditioner, furnace and/or heat pump (when in cooling mode) since a plugged drain can cause water damage in the house and affect indoor humidity levels.
- Checking controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation and checking the starting cycle of the equipment to assure the system starts, operates and shuts off properly.
Contact Tragar Oil today to learn more about how we can become your one-stop shop for all of your HVAC needs. Our green energy experts can answer any questions and talk to you about our no-obligation, free estimate, the installation of ductless air conditioning, new heating equipment, oil-to-gas conversion, Bioheat®, radiant heating, heat pumps, hot water heaters and more!