If your home on Long Island has oil heat, there are many reasons to make sure your furnace or boiler is energy efficient and that your oil storage tanks are environmentally safe. If you’re that homeowner with the original basement oil tank or underground oil tank and try not to think about the liability that comes with aging oil tanks; or have an older boiler that you’ve been advised by technicians for years that it’s inefficiency is costing you every time it comes on for heat or hot water, then you will want to know more about the limited-time offer from the oil industry that can save you even more money when you upgrade a furnace, boiler or oil tank. Tragar Home Services wants you to know about the Upgrade and Save Energy Efficiency and Safety Rebate Program.
How the Rebate Works
This rebate is being offered from now until September 28 by the Oil Heat Comfort Corp, an association of Nassau and Suffolk County oil companies that includes Tragar. Homeowners can save up to $1,000 for upgrades to their oil heat systems. You can receive $500 if you replace or upgrade your current oil-fired furnace or boiler to a more energy efficient model. There’s also a $500 rebate for homeowners who install a new above ground oil storage tank, replacing a current above ground tank or an underground tank.
There’s a limit of just two rebates per household and they apply to oil heat customers only. After September 1st, the rebates will return to their normal amounts of $300 for furnace and boiler replacement and $300 for installation of an above ground storage tank.
The Importance of Energy Efficient Boilers and Furnaces
The rebate is being offered so customers understand the benefits of energy efficient boilers and furnaces and safe above ground oil storage tanks. Energy efficiency in boilers and furnaces is measured by annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE), according to the US Department of Energy. This measures the annual heat output of a furnace or boiler compared to the amount of energy consumed. For example, an AFUE of 90 percent means that 90 percent of the energy in the fuel becomes heat for the home and the other 10 percent escapes up the chimney and elsewhere.
Older furnace and boiler systems had energy efficiencies between 56 percent and 80 percent, according to the Energy Department. Modern systems can go as high as 98.5 percent efficient. If you’re looking to upgrade aging oil heat equipment Tragar will install it for you. All of our boilers meet Energy Star Efficiency standards.
Consider Replacing Underground Oil Storage Tanks
We also recommend you replace your underground oil storage tanks. Leaks are a concern. The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation points out that leaks can be very costly to both the environment and your personal finances. Cleanup can cost more than $20,000. Homeowners with insurance policies containing a “pollution exclusion” clause may have to pay up. If you have an underground tank or an above ground tank more than 25 years old, Tragar recommends replacing it.
Tragar Home Services Will Help You Upgrade and Save
If you need to replace aging oil heat equipment or an underground storage tank, there’s never been a better time to save money. With the Upgrade & Save program you have an incentive to make your home safer and more energy efficient and with Tragar you will have expert installation. This rebate program may end at any time, so contact Tragar today!