DID YOU KNOW?
Almost 60% of all homeowners and ½ the businesses on Long Island enjoy the comfort, reliability, safety and convenience of today’s modern oil heating equipment.
- Please shovel out a path for the oil driver to get to your in-ground fill or above ground oil tank.
- If you are a Tragar customer, we are already inspecting your tank on every delivery; however it is good practice to ensure that your fill cap is screwed on tightly and that everything is sealed tight on the top of your above ground tank. Oil and water don’t mix.
The oil tank design can last longer then they were intended to, however below we recommend a few guidelines.
- You replace any oil tank that is over 25 years old
- Abandon steel in-ground oil tanks and replace them with above ground tanks
- New tanks should be installed in containment devices (see oil tank accessories.)
- Tragar recommends that you invite us to inspect your tank if we or another fuel oil dealer hasn’t done so in a while.
Is your oil tank unstable, standing on cinderblocks or in a confined space in your basement or sealed in under your porch? If so, then it is a very good idea to be proactive and replace it.