Long Island Oil Tank Abandonment
The process of disposing of your existing in-ground heating oil tank.
In-Ground tanks are easily abandoned:
- Tanks are filled with foam
- The fill and vent pipes are cut below ground level and filled with cement.
- A notarized form is filed with the health department and the in-ground oil tank is legally put out of service.
- No disruption to your yard.
- You don’t need to be home.
For more information and answers to many tank questions, please refer to:
The Department of Environmental Conservation’s Homeowner’s Guide